Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Great News!

We have great news: I'm 12 weeks pregnant with baby number two! If you ask Logan what's in Mommy's belly he'll say "BABY!" The due date is November 20th and we'll find out the gender in July. Dave and I don't have a gender preference, but Logan does. We ask him if he wants a brother or sister, and he says "Brother, Jesus!" So apparently if we have a boy we're naming him Jesus. :)

We had an ultrasound yesterday, and it was so fun to see the little baby bouncing around in there. It was all over the place! Flipping over, kicking, and waving his hands around. The little toes were the cutest.

Apart from feeling sick, I don't really feel pregnant yet. I've refinished the changing table pad, but it didn't help like I hoped it would. I can't really think of any more gender neutral projects to work on, so I'll just have to find some other way to feel ready. I'm just so excited, I wish I looked more pregnant or have already felt the baby kick or something.

Life keeps getting busier and busier! We spent the weekend putting together our garden. We planted tomatoes, bell peppers, pepperoncinis, zucchini, spaghetti squash, strawberries and left a spot for green beans. The garden looks great now! I'm just itching to harvest it.

Logan just loves working outside with Dave! He gets out his little shovel and bucket, finds out where Dave is working and will plop down right beside Dave. He digs, makes piles, and pours the dirt on his head. If I let him, he would stay out side all day long playing in the dirt. I think we need to get him a sand box.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I hear you on wanting to do stuff. I still don't really look pregnant (22 weeks!) so I was like"how early is too early to wash these hand me downs?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too early to wash hand me downs! And besides, if you are excited to do laundry GO FOR IT! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your exciting news! It's good to stay busy to help the time pass by. Hope the sickness passes soon. There is nothing worse than constant nausea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting better, now I'm only nautious after 4 in the afternoon. So we are moving in the right direction...

      Delete