Monday, July 29, 2013

The 24th of July & Weekend


We had a fun week! Logan loved having Dave home on Wednesday to play with. We went on a bike ride in the morning, went to the park for some serious play time, and had a little BBQ for dinner. That night we set off some sparklers and pop pops. Logan LOVED the sparklers. He would make ovals with flame. He also would hold the pop pops over his head and drop them so they would pop.


Friday we had ice cream cones. Logan finally learned to lick a cone. He's been insisting on spooning his ice cream out of cones up until now. So instead of getting/making two cones I'm afraid we'll now need to make him his own. He kept stealing ours!


Sunday we made Broccoli Beef. While I was chopping up the other head of broccoli, I turned to find Logan chowing down on the second head. Apparently Logan loves Broccoli! He only likes the green tops, but he ate about 7 before stopping. He's been grate lately about trying new foods. He doesn't like a lot of the foods he tries, but at least he is willing to take a bite.


Logan's also learned to count to 10! His favorite thing to count is my star ice cubes. I don't love him playing with them, but if it gets him to count, I'm ok with that. Sometimes he gets caught in a loop (4 5 6, 4 5 6...) but if he's paying attention, he can count from 1 - 10.

He also has started to tease us. If I ask him if he's Mommy's boy he will smirk and tell me "No, Daddy's BIG boy!" If I ask him what's in my belly he will tell me different animals names or even types of cars. Eventually he'll tell me "It's a baby in there." but not before much giggles and different animals. I got a video of it, although Logan's pretty shy about taking videos.

1 comment:

  1. I totally have a picture of Luke eating a huge head of raw broccoli from just a couple of weeks ago! Kids!!

    ReplyDelete