Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Warm Weather & Outside

It's been a good week! Looking back, someone has been sick in the house for about 3 months now. It's seriously ridiculous. So I was glad everyone was doing well this week. We were busy cleaning up the house, cooking again, and preparing for a baby shower/BBQ.


Ever since Logan saw the movie Frozen he will sporadically ask me if I "Wanna build a snowman?" During the winter I would ask him if there was snow outside. If so we would go out and make one. Since it's warm we've started to make our snow men out of marshmallows. He sticks them together with pretzels (and pretzels for arms), then he smashes long sprinkles in for the eyes and nose. Then we eat it! So much fun.

Logan has been loving the warm weather! We've had to start watering the garden (it isn't raining every day any more), so I bought him and Dustin watering cans. I looked at Lowes, but their kids cans were $10 (and the adult ones are $5, are you kidding me?). I found one at the Dollar Tree for $1, and I'm glad I got a "spare" for Dustin, because Logan promptly lost his.

We've also started hanging the clothes outside on the line to dry again. I had started before I got shingles, but with being sick and all the rain, I'd given up for 3 weeks. I bring out Dustin's baby swing, and Logan plays in the sand box, or on his swing & slide.

Saturday we had a baby shower (for Alison)/BBQ/family dinner at our house. It was tons of fun! We played, opened gifts, and ate. The cousins had fun in the sand box. The guys found it interesting to learn what we do at a baby shower, and quickly got bored of oohing over little shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment