Monday, February 23, 2015

Silly Boys, Dates & Valentines Day

Let me just start by saying Logan and Dustin are such silly boys! They have such fun together, and get into so much trouble already. By 9 months Logan had bought dustin to fake burp and fart (and to laugh at it). I have no idea where Logan got  it from, and I can't get them to stop it, oh boys!


Dustin's been walking lately! It's crazy hard to get him to walk, because every time he tries to walk toward Dave or I, Logan gets excited and wants to help. He then insists Dustin walk towards him, not Dave or I, and when Dustin starts walking, Logan tackles Dustin with hugs! It's cute, but really hinders the process. We're hoping he'll be walking by himself soon enough.

We've been busy going on dates lately. Valentines weekend both our parents offered to watch the boys so we could go on dates! So Friday we did dinner and a movie, and Saturday we had a stay in date (made a fancy dinner at home, chatted and watched a movie). It was great!

Last week was Dave's birthday! I told Logan a few days before, so we could shop for dinner and a dessert. When we got to the store Logan had brought his money and told me he wanted to buy Dave a gift "with my own money". So we went to the candy isle. He immediately saw the gummy worms "Gummy worms! I love gummy worms!" pause "but Daddy loves liquorish. Let's get that for Dad."It was so thoughtful!

Friday Dave's parents offered to have a sleepover with the boys in celebration of Dave's birthday! We were all so excited! Logan had so much fun too. He's been talking about it ever since. "I got to sleep in Grandma's living room. They put a nightlight in there, but MOM, there wasn't a clock. So I didn't know what time to wake up at! Next time I sleep over I want to bring my clock." He talks about it all the time now.

Dave got another calling a few weeks ago. He is now the youth's Sunday School teacher. Our ward only has 10 - 15 youth total, so he teaches them all. I was hoping they would release him from one of the other two callings he has (teaching Elder's Quorm and Wednesday night boy scouts), but they haven't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment