Monday, April 20, 2020

Brownies and Broken Things


We survived another week Socially Distancing. We played a lot of games this week. Mostly Uno and Go Fish, but we also fit in Twister, Clue, and Exploding Kittens. Dave was surprised to find out Brooklyn can play Uno and Go Fish without help. Logan quickly got the hang of Clue, and Dustin loved Twister.

Our Trampoline broke in 3 places this week. This was DEVASTATING!!! Big time. Two of the loops on the side lost their stitching, (which I thought I could probably fix) then when Dave was jumping with the boys Dave jumped right through, making a huge hole in the center of the tramp. So I ordered a replacement mat (they sent the wrong one and almost everyone is now sold out). I'm on my second order from a different company and am PRAYING this mat is the right size and arrives soon. For now I duct taped the hole in the mat as best I could and told the kids not to jump on that spot. Hopefully it will hold up until the replacement one arrives.


Dustin was mailed the Student of the Month award from his class. His teacher said she could tell he was working hard. Little does she know what a fight it is to get his work done every day. That's ok, he was very excited! He hates doing school on the computer, and I don't enjoy making him do it. The Governor announced we'll be doing this for the rest of the year though, so we'll suck it up.


We had several more aftershocks this week. I thought we were done with them, but we had a 4.2 and a 4.17! The first one was at night and it didn't wake up Brooklyn. So we just had to deal with two very scared boys that it took until 10pm to get to sleep. Two days later we had the second big one and it woke everyone up. Everyone was scared, so we did homeschool in my bed for the day. Everyone got a lot of snuggling in. Everyone was extra grumpy and clingy. We also had rain thrown in a few days this week which made it hard to get outside.

But we still were able to get out on our bikes and scooters most days. It's been good for us to practice our turning and going fast. My bike still needs a new tube, and I need to remember to look at what size it is so I can order one (or maybe try to find one at Walmart next time I go). But the kids aren't super fast, so my scooter keeps up pretty well with the kids and still gives me a work out.

Saturday Dave helped us all get the house cleaned back up. It was a MESS from such a tough week, and we're really happy to not live in a pig sty any more. We're hoping for no complications this week so we can keep it nice.


Sunday was a pretty casual one. We woke up late, I had Ward Council (electronically), and we did Sacrament meeting. Somehow the kids convinced us to have brownies for dinner (Dave and I also ate leftovers). The kids thought they were getting away with murder. We also did a family movie night where we watched the Goofy Movie.

I'm itching to get out of the house more! Salt Lake is slowly starting to open back up, and we are trying so hard to abide by the recommendations from the Government, but we are ready to go to parks again! And see friends! And I don't know how we will survive the summer without the splash pad or pool! So hopefully all our social distancing will pay off and we can do all these things soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment