Monday, May 11, 2020

Going Orange


The boys have been wearing these hats and sunglasses regularly! They think they look GOOD!

Utah moved to what they call the Orange phase of Social Distancing. It's pretty confusing as to what this ACTUALLY means. Eventually what we came up with is still stay at home except to support local businesses. At that point stay 6 feet apart and wear a mask. We've been incredibly good at doing this already but have been really going stir crazy! Two months alone has been tough. So we decided that we would introduce one social activity a week with friends we deem low risk.

Homeschooling

So the kids and I went to visit Mike & Alison (& kids) last week Tuesday. The kids have been sending videos through Marco Polo a LOT so they've had interaction but they were SO excited to get to play in person! It was the easiest day of home school getting them to get their work done and ready to go. They had a great time playing and it was so nice to hear them having fun and get to talk to other adults. And nobody fought!!! This is a big deal


The kids rediscovered a few of our toys this week! Their favorite was the dress-ups. They spent hours trying on all their costumes and insisted on wearing them on our morning walk. We also brought our Duplos back out and they have had fun building. I've also been slowly stockpiling toys and activities I think will be fun and distracting for this summer. 

Friday we invited a family from the neighborhood over for a fire and s'mores. We did our best to keep socially distant and still let the kids run around like wild men. It was such a nice break for the adults to get to sit and talk and for the kids to catch up with their friends. We'll have to do it again.

Saturday we worked in the yard all day long. It was a little too much but hopefully we can get everything under control so we don't have to do as much yard work soon. I'm so done working in the yard!

Sunday was Mother's Day. The kids heated up cinnamon rolls and made orange juice for breakfast. They did a great job! We went on a walk in the afternoon to check out the ducks and geese at the Jordan River. The kids each found a large feather on our walk which was pretty exciting for them.

When we got home we used the feathers to paint and write with (Dave pulled out his ink). The kids had fun getting a little creative. After dinner the kids & Dave played Duplos while I read a book in the same room. It was nice to see what they built and that they all got along. They went to bed fairly easy and I got to read until bedtime.

This week I picked quilting back up. I haven't done it in a while so I decided I needed to. So I'm working on a hexagon quilt (maybe two... I cut out a lot of blocks). It's been really good for me to take some time to do something just for me for fun. I needed it with the 24/7  kid life I've had lately. Life's been tough, but school is out in 3 weeks!!! I think it will get better from there. Our major conflict in the day is getting all the boys assignments done and turned in. So it will be nice to be able to focus my energy elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment