Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!


Late Monday night Dave asked me "So, what are we being for Halloween?" Huh? I used to dress up before we got married, but Dave told me our first Halloween together it was kinda silly. So I haven't thought about dressing up since then. Funny how things change when you have kids :).

We talked briefly about easy options, and decided on me being Alice in Wonderland (because I already had the costume) and he being the Mad Hatter. So Tuesday I worked like CRAZY to make something work. I also had to make some cookies for Dave's work party, and I figured while we had the oven on to make a batch of granola. Oh, and I did visiting teachings somewhere in there.

Wednesday morning I ran over to Johanns to pick up some black felt to finish the top hat. And Dave requested some fake teeth. So we ended up spending $1 on felt and $9 on fake teeth for all three of our costumes (not that Dave even wore the teeth...). I finished the top hat at noon and decided it was time for a well deserved nap!


When Dave got home we went over to Grandpa Mike and Grandma Sheila's house for a little party. We ate pizza, decorated cookies, and went trick or treating. Logan loved pouring the sprinkles onto his cookie, almost as much as he loved eating the cookies.


We didn't last long trick or treating, we only did about half a block before the little ones called it a night. Logan weighed in with 2 lbs of candy, so we still did well!


We went back to the grandparents and enjoyed the spoils of our labor. But someone was pretty exhausted, so we headed home soon after.


The weather was so nice today we thought we'd do a fall photo shoot in the back yard. I got a few cute ones of Logan dressed up.





Logan discovered how cool the camera is lately. If I leave it anywhere in his reach I will find a dozen pictures like this. You can see the spider on his shirt on the left (with green button eyes).

No comments:

Post a Comment