We started our basement bedroom this weekend! We're planning on adding a bedroom with a closet, and a storage closet for the downstairs living room so Blaine and Angela will be more comfortable with a study for now, and maybe some day a future bedroom for a kid or two. We started by cutting holes in the carpet so we could secure the framing to the floor rather than to the carpet. It was a pain, but didn't take too long.
After that we pieced together 4 different walls (one in two pieces). The biggest challenge we came across was that the ceilings and walls not exactly being level... We found when building the walls it was best to measure both sides and the middle and they would be a inch to two off from the rest. But we made it work! It took about 10 hours to put it all together, and we both walked away with sore muscles and war wounds to show for it, but it was worth it.
This week we'll start on the drywall and move one of the lights from what was the center of the room (now the center of the closet), to the new center of the living room. We're hoping to get this project done before Dave goes back to school (or at least all but the painting). We'll see if we can get it all done in time!