Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Years Resolutions & Becoming a Man

I don't like to say I'm making New Years resolutions. Maybe it's because most people break them. But I do set goals for myself periodically. Unfortunately this January my goal setting coincided with the new year. So I've recommitted myself to exercise (I've been terrible since I started tending Abby and Maddy), set more clearly defined Scripture reading goals (personal as well as companionship), and goals to work on my rock business.

This weekend we worked more on completing my sewing corner! Dave refinished my newly acquired sewing machine table, he also used some scrap from the shed to build a shelf to go on top of my peg board, and I created a huge ironing board to go on top of the sewing table when it's closed! I LOVE how it all turned out! It makes me want to spend all day every day sewing… this might become a problem. Next project, I want to sew some baskets/crates to go on top of the shelf and help further organize things.

Yesterday Logan told me that when he becomes a man he will be as tall as Dave, be able to sit at his desk, and use the scanner whenever he wants. I told him that was true, but he won't be a man until he is 18. He disagreed. He thinks the age of manhood is 5. So we'll see in a few years what it's like for him to be a man.

Dustin's been learning like crazy lately! He's started saying "bye bye" when waving good bye. He usually does it after the door closes (when someone leaves), but we're getting there! He's also almost walking. He will stand up for a minute at a time and will take little shuffle steps between Dave and I. He also has been climbing everything like a mad man! He climbs couches and even the stairs. It scares me a little, but he hasn't fallen yet.



Dave finished my sewing table this weekend! I've been dyeing to try it out it since I found it, and I love how it turned out. I made an ironing board to go on top when the sewing machine isn't in use. It's huge and just perfect for ironing! I've only used it twice so far, but love the idea.


This is how it looks like open, with my old Singer in it. The table lines up perfectly with my old machine. Sometimes you just need two machines, and when that's the case, I'm now ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment