Thursday, January 21, 2016

Back to Normal

The last two weeks were all about getting back to normal, or trying to. We were sick again last week (Dave is still recovering). It only lasted 3 or 4 days for me, but I'm still tired all the time. But then again, that could be from many different things.

Dustin started the terrible twos this month. It started with him refusing to sleep in his bed/bedroom. We have a no kids in our bed rule, so it has made for a rough 3 weeks. He would cry and refuse to go to sleep for hours (one night from 8 to 10:45). So we moved him out of the boys bedroom back into the nursery (on a mattress on the ground) so at least Logan could get to sleep. He was also waking up several times a night refusing to go back to bed. Long story short, he's now back in his bed and sleeping without throwing a fit. But unfortunately the fits/tantrums have remained.

With the New Year I've recommitted myself to a few of my personal goals. With being sick for most of December I haven't been exercising as much as I need too, so I've kicked my self back into a routine. I've been doing it more gradual, so it's more obtainable, but I'm glad to be more healthy again.

Also the cooking has been lacking lately, so I've tried to cook more involved meals. Alison mentioned Once a Month Meals (paying a subscription to get menues and shopping lists for a month worth of dinners that you make and freeze). I loved the idea, so I got online to check it out. It turns out they'll give you 5 recipes/shopping lists free to try it out. So I signed up for the 5 free Traditional menues (Honey Pecan Porkchops, Mongolian Beef, Pesto Stuffed Chicken, Poppy Seed Chicken, & Ham & Ranch Potatoes) and Dave signed up for the 5 free Diet menues (Shrimp & Orzo Bake, CheeseburgerLettuce Wraps, Raspberry Glazed Porkchops, Tomato & Feta Stuffed Chicken, Crispy Cheddar Chicken). This week I cooked the Traditional menue and we'll see how they taste.

So far my opinion is they prepare a lot more meat than we typically eat (I decreased the portion sizes or plan to make them last two meals). Also, these recipes don't include the sides (yesterday we tried Poppy Seed Chicken but I had to make pasta and veggies to go with it). So it does make dinner a lot easier, but it's not completely done. Not a complaint, just an observation.

My friend Tenille found a Hawaiian Quilting class next month and I'm so excited to go with her to it! When we went to Hawaii I fell in love with their quilt style, and I'm excited to try it out. I really hope it's something that I can do (it's a TON of applique).

No comments:

Post a Comment