Thursday, February 25, 2016

Visiting the Provo Temple

Last week was Dave's 35th birthday! We had fun celebrating. As requested, we made homemade pizza and banana cream pie. The boys wrapped Dave's gifts and were so excited to "help" him open them. They were quite funny with their excitement.

Wednesday night I went to my first Hawaiian Quilting class. My friend Tenille and Dave's Mom joined me and we had fun. It was great to learn something new, although it's going to take a while to perfect the skill, and it's slow moving.

I found out last week I have an under active thyroid. It's related to the pregnancy and hopefully will go away soon. It's caused in the first half of pregnancy because the baby can't produce it's own thyroid hormones, so usually the mother produces enough for both. But it looks like my body hasn't done that this time around. Hopefully I'll go back to normal when the baby produces it's own hormones. I have 9 out of the 16 symptoms and it's good to finally know I'm not just a wimp with all this exhaustion, headaches, memory loss, etc.

This weekend we went to see the Provo Temple. It was so much fun! The boys felt pretty special because according to Logan "you know, kids don't usually get to go INSIDE the temple." Logan's favorite part was the crystal chandlers in the Celestial Room. Dustin's was the angel on the top. There were also two Endowment rooms with murals of the wilderness and animals on the walls. The second we walked into the rooms they gasped and started pointing out the animals they saw. It was so hard to keep them reverent in those rooms, they were so excited! As we walked out another family walked in with the same response, which just made me smile. I was so glad we got to go together as a family.

We had my Mom come up and visit this week! It was so great to see her and visit. We haven't been able to see her or my Dad since Christmas. We had so much fun seeing her, although we missed Papa Mike desperately! The boys insist that next time, he comes too (and we will see them both in April for a camping trip with my Mom's side of the family.

Wednesday my Mom spoiled me rotten! She watched the boys almost all day so I could take a little break. I got to use the computer uninterrupted (may sound silly, but this is HUGE with two boys always trying to type on my keyboard and steal my mouse). I did some late Birthday shopping for Dave online, and got fabulous deals (he bought a new computer earlier this month, but doesn't have speakers, a keyboard, or mouse to use with it). I also went shopping and out to lunch by myself. It was great!

That night Mom watched the boys again that night so Dave and I could go to the temple! We drove up to Bountiful because our temple was closed, but ended up at Salt Lake because Bountiful was also closed. I'm so glad we tried the second temple because it was just what I needed. We came home and chatted with Mom before heading off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment