Monday, December 18, 2017

December

This is such a busy time of year! I realized last week I didn't make Christmas cards this year. Oops! Maybe I'll send out two next year. We didn't take a family photo this year either. What can you do?


We decorated for Christmas! I don't think we've decorated for anything since last Christmas so this is a big deal. I made Brooklyn a penguin stocking so Santa can leave us all something this year!


This is why I have given up on decorating... I can never find my decorations. They disappear and reappear in a place that would have looked better. Silly me.



Dustin's hair has become curly over the past few months. He loves it even though he doesn't let me style it for him.


We saw santa at the Ward Hawaiian Christmas Party. Dustin and Brooklyn were terrified. Logan tolerated him long enough to get a pic and tell Santa he would write a letter telling him what was desired for Christmas. We went to Dave's work Christmas party somewhere in there too. They always have good food, and this year wasn't a disappointment. It's nice to visit with Dave's co-workers and friends a few times a year.


Speaking of work friends... Dave's co-worker Edgar invited him to a Foo Fighter concert last week. He was out until about 1 (he said the concert was still going when he left). So after I put the kids down I put together stocking stuffers for our family Christmas Parties and the ladies I visit from church. I had fun, Dave had fun. It was a win.

We've also been to more movies in the past month than in the last year! A few weeks ago Dave's work had an event where they were doing a free dinner and a movie (Justice League). Dave's parents were nice enough to sit, so we got to go on a free date! A few Saturdays ago Dave's Dad's work had a free movie event where the boys got to see Coco with Grandma Linda and Dave, Bill and I went to see the latest Thor movie. Brooklyn was great until the last 15 minutes and I had to take her out. Last weekend my brother Mike's work also had an event (I'm seeing a theme here) where he got 4 tickets to Star Wars: The Last Jedi. So we hired a girl from church to watch the kids so we could see that! Pshew! Movie central with the Plastows.



Now that Brooklyn is running all over the house she thinks she rules the world! She wants to do whatever her brothers are doing! Dressing up, playing duplos, whatever she's there.


I've also been selling knives on Ebay for my Dad. He loves to make them but doesn't love to sell them. So I've been listing and shipping for him. His friend Doug reached out to me to give me tips on how to sell on eBay and remind me what a great Dad I have.

Last year the church I attend launched a program they call Light the World. It's a service oriented program where they give you a scripture each day to remind you of the real reason behind Christmas. This year I haven't followed it as well as I did last year, but I did decide to make a meal for a family in need each week.

I had three picked out prior to starting this, but now looking at the calendar I have 5 meals scheduled for December. It has been great as the boys and I are preparing the meals to think of the family in need and of Christ's birth. I had scheduled to bring a meal to one family the week before and when I texted to verify a time for a drop off the wife was totally unaware the husband had accepted. She said it worked out perfect because husband had surgery that day (I was completely unaware of this) and since she was also recovering and has 5 kids under 6 years old, it was the perfect day for some help. It's awesome to see God nudging us in the right direction if we are willing to be his hands and bless others.

This week we are buckeling down on delivering the last of the treats for our neighbors and getting ready for CHRISTMAS! I think I have all the gifts wrapped (if I would just stop buying them). I bought all the food last Friday so I wouldn't have to enter the store this week if possible. We'll see if I forgot anything. I think we're pretty much ready. We still need to visit Temple Square and see the lights, but other than that we're right on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment