Monday, September 13, 2021

Labor Day & the Labors of Life


The last two weeks have been busy, but with squeezed in a lot of good stuff. The kids are back into the swing of things with school. We had their annual back to school picnic lunch with the family right before Labor Day weekend.

Brooklyn was so excited to be able to attend as one of the school kids this year and loved introducing me to all of her friends. Dustin has always had a gang of friends following him around and funny enough, Brooklyn’s friends were great friends with Dustin‘s friends. Since they have the same recess they all play together often.

I got to meet Bailey, the girl that has a huge crush on Dustin. She followed him around almost the whole time constantly giving him hugs. She’s not in his class this year so I was hoping the crush would die down. But it looks like it’s not going to do that anytime soon.

We’ve gotten to see a lot of my parents lately as they slowly transition into their new home here in Taylorsville. The kids have loved all the time with grandma and Papa! The Saturday of Labor Day weekend we hiked up to twin Lakes near solitude and Brighton. It was a longer hike than I thought, but we had a good time finding rocks and exploring nature.


It's always healing for all of us to be out in nature! We love spending time decompressing. Dustin is doing a geology segment in science class, so he enlisted us in collecting enough pieces of Mica to share with all his class. He was so proud to bring them in and share them the next week.



Memorial day Monday we worked like crazy on our master powder room. We’ve got the vanity installed, installed and touched up the trim, put in the toilet, and cut the vanity top to size. I found a few pieces of quartz countertop somebody was giving away free, so we spent a lot of time researching how to finish it off as well.


Brooklyn got a new/her first bicycle last week. It’s pink, princess, and plays magical songs when you hit a button. It also has a baby carrying seat in the back. She’s In heaven and insists on going on at least one ride around the block each day.


It’s also been down pouring a lot lately! We’ve had several major storms which we needed so bad. It’s been a bad drought here, and hopefully the winter will continue with lots of storms (even if that means I have to shovel a ton). The kids love every minute of it! They put on their rain gear, and then splash and float things down the gutters.


This weekend was full of more construction. We got the holes cut into the vanity countertop and buffed the edges that we cut so that way they would be smooth like the top. It turned out better than expected, although somehow we managed to crack part of it. I purchased the supplies to fix the crack tonight, and we should be able to finish this bathroom by the weekend. Overall the countertop has cost us $25. $20 for a tool to do the buffing and $5 to fix the crack we put in it.

The kids also got to play with Mike’s kids yesterday while I was in my marathon of meetings. And then last night Dave’s parents came over to play games and eat dessert with us.

I’m finally starting to feel like I will have some free time during the days to get some projects done. Up until now I’ve had dentist and Doctor appointments filling up my free mornings. But I only have one dentist appointment this week, and hopefully I’m done fixing my broken tooth. And then I have one more ENT appointment in two weeks. I've been having major sinus pressure/swelling which cause migraine headaches for a few years now. 

I thought it was due to allergies, and have been treating it with allergy medication. But it's gotten progressively worse and more frequent over the past year so I went to see an allergist a few weeks ago. Turns out I'm not allergic to anything. At all. So I'm off to see if an ENT can cure me. And I’m really hoping he'll know immediately what's wrong and that will be the last of my doctors appointments for at least a year. Here's hoping anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment