Thursday, October 1, 2009

Revenge of the Rude People!

Why do people think just because they're having a bad day they can take it out on whoever is closest to them? I did a quick picking up at Ikea after work today. Dave and I bought him a drafting desk last night, and we missed a piece (half of the legs, might be necessary) so I had to go pick up the missing pieces.

Anyway, I'm in the self-checkout line with my legs and the other 4 items that convinced me I couldn't live without them. This older man was standing in the line beside me waiting for one of the two self checkout lines in front of him to be ready. The farthest one swipes her card, so he intentionally rams his cart into the cart of the woman in front of him, and continues to push her cart right into her which pushes her into her husband. He proceeds to push the woman that's paying with his cart while she is trying to grab her receipt and items so he can check out!



No "excuse me", no "my wife is in the hospital and really needs this children's art easel before she dies", NOTHING! He just bogarted his way in, and saw nothing wrong with it. It was like a bad made for TV movie where the old man has to get the gift before 6:00 or the mutant slime people will take over the world! Don't ask me how they equate, but I swear they do...

I think it annoyed me so much because my co-worker was so stinking ornery to me today. I came over to ask her about the status of a project and she just went off! I'm not sure why and to my knowledge I didn't do anything to bring this on. She just had a conniption. I think what it came down to is she didn't have time for the conversation, but if that's the case JUST TELL ME! Don't raise your voice and take it out on me in front of the whole office! Ask if we can schedule a time for a meeting tomorrow.

It's been an intense week in our office, I'll give her that. There have been huge meetings between the CEO, VP of Marketing and Owners, so everyone's a little wired and has worked a few too many hours. But what can you do but your best and live with it?

So to everyone that's reading this, go out of your way to be nice to someone today. Don't be ornery.

5 comments:

  1. People are so RUDE sometimes! Like they think they're better than everyone else or something. The thing that gets my goat is when people with a nice car take up to parking spaces at the front of the lot on purpose. MAKES ME SO MAD!!!! If you think you're so much better than everyone else, fine, have your two spots at the BACK OF THE LOT!!! aarrrggghh! I'm getting aggrivated just thinking about it....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry.. that was TWO parking spaces. Not "to". I swear, I can spell. I just can't type :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Man people can just get under your skin sometimes! But today has been a great Friday so far! The co-worker even said she was sorry about the incident.

    Maybe it's the change of weather that's getting to people. I wasn't ready for 35 degree weather last night! It was 80 last week, that's just too cold too fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been feeling the same way about people lately too. I understand I have 4 boys and they can get a little rowdy sometimes, cut they're kids - cut them some slack! We were in Walmart the other night buying some halloween decorations and this lady in front of us was taking FOREVER because all of her credit cards were being declined. Will (who just turned 2) got a little too closer to her and she turns around and screams "Don't let your children step on my feet!" Grrrr. And the checker at Walmart was really rude to me today too - I wish I didn't have to shop at Walmart but it's the only store in Cedar City that has household items - people are mean. Glad your friday was going better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! True she was probably embarresed that all her cards were denied, but that's no reason to take it out on you and the boys. They're way too cute to get mad at! And I'm sure they were just laughing and having a grand old time.

    Also Sally, you should totally send me an invite to your blog (hint hint). I'd love to see what you and David have been up to!

    ReplyDelete