Thursday, March 18, 2010

Zion’s National Park: One Day & Counting!!!

Dave has Spring Break from school next week, so we decided to use up all my vacation time and head out to ZIONS! We both need a break so bad, and it will be nice to be away from all our worries, phone reception, and internet for 5.5 days. The weather is supposed to be beautiful (high 60’s to low 70’s)! With a 0-10% chance of rain, it will be perfect to do some hiking, petrified wood searching, and general relaxation! My bags are packed, the food is purchased (some of it is already prepared and frozen for re-heating). Tonight I’ll pack up the food, try to get Dave to pack his clothes, and tidy up the house a bit. I’m so ready for this trip.

I’ve also been prepping for the new addition to our family (the dog) and think I have everything we need to welcome her into the home when we get back from Zion’s. We have a little kid’s house in our back yard that will double as the dog house for Cheyenne’s time with us. It has windows, linoleum flooring, and a doorbell (just in case). I found a stained feather blanket (on Craigs List for free) that I’ve piled in one corner so she can relax and get away from the rain in comfort.

One of my co-workers has a huge dog that is also home alone all day and she recommended having a large bucket filled with water in the yard so she always has enough to drink. So I picked up one of those construction buckets for $2 at Home Depot to quench her thirst. I figure I can use it to water the nectarine tree every few days so the water doesn’t start growing things. We need to keep the tree properly hydrated anyway and I’m sure she won’t drink it all.

I’ve also purchased a baby gates to go at the top of the front stairs. Since we never use the front stairs the plan is to put her doggie bed on the landing and close her in there at night time (because we don’t want her sleeping on the sofa or trying to get into bed with us). We’ll see if this works out, but it sounds like a great plan.

That’s about it for now! Wish us warm weather and tons of fun

2 comments:

  1. Hope the break was just what you needed. It sure sounds fun. I think you've thought of everything for the dog. I wish you all the best. Let me know if your in the market for bunnies. We have two that would love to move out west!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Dave the other day about how much fun a bunny would be, but he says it's creepy that they poop in little pellets... Don't ask me why... I have no idea why it's weird, but sorry we'll have to decline your offer! ;)

    ReplyDelete