Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September is just flying by!

Life has been so hectic and fast passed lately that I just can't fathom it being the end of September! Already! Tomorrow is the first day of fall. I have no idea where all the time went to... but it's gone, and I've got to prepare for October. I planned on making a new Halloween costume for this year, but it's a good thing this ward hasn't seen my Alice in Wonderland costume yet, so I can get away with wearing it once again.

So many things that should be done! I have a new crock pot recipe book that I haven't even tried out (if Dave knew I was sitting on that pesto lasagna recipe it might just end our marriage). The closet in the basement should be done (but due to problem after problem it's still not). I haven't canned salsa or apple sauce, and I wanted to do something with our nectarines... but just haven't had the time yet!

But I did help host a baby shower for my sister-in-law. It went well and was actually pretty fun! Maybe it has something to do with how laid back her and her family are. Maybe it had something to do with all the food. But mostly I'm sure it had to do with the lack of silly games and cheesy decorations. I'm just not that kind of girl, and fortunately neither is she! So bring on the baby! She's due October 10th, and we leave for a trip to North Carolina October 8th (happy early Christmas to us). So we're hoping she's a week early!

Now to plan the trip to NC... at least it's a more fun "to do"!

No comments:

Post a Comment