Monday, September 27, 2010

We leave in 11 days?!?

I realized Dave and I take off for Fall break in 11 days! What?!? Where did September go to? I haven't started packing, or even made a list of items to pack. I have moved my swim suit to my dresser as a constant reminder to pack and have two borrowed wet suits in the coat closet just waiting for the suit case. I haven't put together a schedule of what things we definitely want to do while we're out there (but when the beach is so close, do you really need to plan?).

We found killer air fair to North Carolina a few months ago. Since my Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Emil live 45 minutes from the beach, we decided to make a trip our early Christmas present this year! My friend Kirby works for Enterprise Rent a Car, so we're getting a discount on the car rental, and with room and board being covered by staying with Kathryn & Emil, everything is completely manageable.

So far I have a few must do's on the list: Visit Nag's Head, Cape Hatteras, Jockey's Ridge, Ocracoke (over night camping trip on the beach), and for Dave Busch Gardens. I can't believe that an amusement park is his #1 thing to do, but what can you do? It would also be nice to see if we could find the Shipwrecked (a cheesy tourist shop we would always stop at when I was a kid for beach souvenirs), and maybe even "get myself a Dune Burger". Just to say we did. I've also been toying with the idea of buying a hammock while we're out there, because they have the best ever... but I remember them being expensive... so we'll see if it fits into our budget or not.

So this week? I have big plans to finish the shelves in the basement, Conference this weekend (party at the Browns)... and next week pack for our trip at the end of the following week!!! By then we'll definitely be in need of a break! I'm really hoping it all falls into place...

1 comment:

  1. Ooo fun!! Mark will be SO jealous!! He talks about that Shipwreck shop all the time. Bodie Island has a nice lighthouse, too. And believe it or not, Busch Gardens was quite possibly my favorite part of my trip back east, and that included all of N.C. and Washington, D.C.!

    ...We're leaving on a trip to California in a week. Does that mean I should already be packing??? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete