Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Little Baby, Big Baby



My sister-in-law Angela had her baby on Sunday! A sweet little girl 6 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. And TONS of hair. Holding her I realized she is just about the size Logan was when he was born (6 lbs 1 oz and 18 inches). It's crazy to think he was ever that small, especially since he's now 18 lbs! Logan's not quite sure what to think about Lindsay, especially when she cries, but I'm sure they'll have tons of fun.

Logan's doing great! He's always such a happy baby. He started saying dada last week (much to Dave's joy), and just loves to jabber in such a serious way you know he thinks he's saying something. He loves trying new foods, but especially loves green veggies (like broccoli and green beans). He also loves strong flavors like pineapple, grapefruit and orange.

He's also started making logical connections, like when I get out the swaddling blanket, he knows it's time to protest sleeping. And when I tell him "up" he puts his hands up so I can lift him out of the highchair or walker. When I tell him "Daddy's home" his little face lights up and he kicks his legs excitedly!

We're planning a big bike ride for some time this weekend. We found a bike trailer at the REI Garage sale, and spent all of our yearly dividend on it. So score, we didn't have to pay for it, but sad that it only lasted 5 days into the year.

I ordered a bike helmet online for Logan, and it should be coming soon! I told Dave we can only ride on the Jordan River Trail (a paved trail that allows bikes, runners, and walkers) until the helmet arrives.

Other than that, we're surviving the last month of school. Dave's super stressed about final projects, his portfolio & resume, and his meeting with about 8 companies next week. But I know he will make it through and will be SO glad to be done. Eventually... But for now we just survive!

3 comments:

  1. The last month of school is a killer! Good luck, Dave!

    That baby is so precious. I saw video of Luke as a 4-day old and couldn't believe how tiny he was.

    That is SO COOL that you got to hike The Wave. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our bike stroller. It's amazing and so much nicer for both you and Logan. Tell Dave good luck for the job interviews! I know he'll do great. The end is near! (In a good way;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I don't know who's more excited to be done with school, me or Dave... I really think it's me! But we're hanging in there for now

    ReplyDelete