Monday, August 13, 2012

Anniversary weekend at Snowbird

Our anniversary is the same day as Logan's birthday, so we decided to celebrate last weekend! My mom offered to watch Logan for the weekend, so we debated driving to the cabbin. But I realized we'd be spending about the same amount in gas as if we stayed at Snowbird. Also considering this is the first time we've left Logan over night, we decided it was best to be a little closer to home.

Dave won a gift certificate to Red Rock, so we went there for dinner first. Their food is fabulous, but way over priced. I used to work right next door to the down town one, so work would regularly pay for lunch there. I got my favorite Macadamia Incrusted Salmon, and Dave opted for the Rotisserie Chicken.


After that we headed up to Snowbird, checked in and went swimming & hot tubbing. Every day we were there Dave insisted we go swimming (even on checkout day), so we got pretty familiar with the pool there. We had room with a kitchenette, so we did all of our cooking in the room. It even had a dish washer, so we didn't have to worry about cleanup!


The next day we took a tram up to the top of the mountain and hiked around a bit. We followed the ridge down and followed a trail back up to the chair lift to take back down. We were hot from the hike, and the wind was chilly, so I thought we were going to freeze heading down!


When we got back down off the mountain, the Tour of Utah bike race was finishing, so we watched the bikes pull in. It was fun to watch and surprising to see the different kinds of people that had entered. Even kids!

Logan had tons of fun with his Grandparents. They took him to the splash pad by their house and fed him so many black berries he had killer diapers for the entire next day (5, I counted).

This week has been rough! I think Logan has had separation anxiety now. When I leave the room we're in he starts crying. He doesn't want me to do any chores, so it's been hard to wash dishes, clean the bathroom, etc. It's been rough, but he's getting better. I just have to convince him we won't be leaving him again any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment