Monday, October 8, 2012

In which Logan discovers his pockets


I've been finding rocks in Logan's pockets for weeks! He loves rocks and he always will bring some home from the park or wherever we are for later enjoyment. Usually we find them in his bed after nap time or on the changing table.

Lately he's been putting his pockets to the limits by stuffing as many golfballs in his pockets as he can fit. He loves them so much and just wants to make sure he has them when he needs them.

This weekend we went to a Conference party at my parents house. It was fun to be with the family and enjoy the word of the Lord. Dave and I got some good insight and inspiration. Hopefully we will let it change our lives for the better.

Something I found interesting was the changes that were made to the age you can go on a mission. It's really exciting that girls can now go on a mission at 19. I think more ladies will now have the opportunity to go.

I do wonder what this will do to the average age of marriage in the church though. It seemed to be younger than the general population before, and I'm thinking now this will up the average (since 18  months will likely be devoted to a mission instead of the pursuit of marriage).

I see this as a benefit in many ways. Missions are such a changing event in the lives of those that go. I would expect more women going better prepare for marriage and motherhood, with the extra spiritual knowledge they gain. I know the words of the prophet are inspired, but this doesn't just feel right to me, it makes so much logical sense!

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised at the lowering of the mission age, too. I guess they figure the less time teens have between graduation and a mission, the better! And it will feel like less of a last resort for those old spinster 21-year old girls who aren't married yet, haha.

    ReplyDelete