Friday, February 15, 2013

Quilting and Monkeys

It's been busy around our house lately! I have been working like crazy on a quilt for Logan, so that's consumed all my spare time, but I'm loving how it's turning out. Dave had a lot of say on the colors, since he insisted on a Spiderman blanket.

Before Logan was born when discussing nursery themes, I convinced him Whinny the Pooh would be a great gender neutral decor so we didn't have to change it up when we had a girl. The deal was as soon as Logan grew out of the nursery we got a super hero room. So we're working on it.



Most of the quilt is going to be strips of fabric, but I'm going to have three Spiderman squares at the foot of bed. The first one I worked on (a spider web) turned out good! I just need to make his eyes (appliqued) and the spider on his chest (maybe paper piecing?). I wasn't excited whe I started the quilt, but it's turning out so well, I'm now very excited to finish!

Today we hit up the Valentines clearance at Walmart and found a sock monkey for Logan. It's pretty small, which is perfect for our boy. He carries it around, hugs it, wants to feed it lunch, calls for it to come to him, and makes monkey noises to him. Needless to say it was well worth our $2.


4 comments:

  1. I like the spider web! Sock monkeys are so adorable. My sister-in-law thinks they're creepy but I just don't see it. Maybe it was because I had one as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathryn! I just love how Logan's quilt is turning out. I don't mind sock monkeys and this one is the perfect size for Logan to lug around. And it fits in ky purse! So a win all around

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you design the quilt yourself? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been making it up as I go along. It's been crazy, but I love how it's turning out! I just have to design one last square and the rest should be easy sewing.

      Delete