Monday, April 15, 2013

Logan's Learning!

We've past some big milestones lately for Logan! He's learned most of his shapes (circle, square, oval, heart, star, triangle). I will catch him staring at something (like this morning the train tracks set up, then he'll exclaim "Oval (points to one side of the track). Oval (points to other side of the track). TWO oval!" He doesn't understand why a rectangle isn't a square, but I'm sure that will come with time.

Dave's also taught him to count to three, thus the two ovals. He refuses to rattle off the numbers for me, but he will count to three with Dave and he will tell me there are two chickens or three cows. He also knows which animals belong to which sounds as far as barn yard animals go. His cows still say "Boo" instead of "Moo", but we're ok with scary cows in this house.

He knows most of his colors (orange, blue, green, red, yellow, black, pink), but sometimes he gets confused with purple. He thinks it's blue too. And we're still working on white and brown. But we're getting there! He's such a bright little guy! I will ask him what color his shirt or pants are and most of the time he tells me the right color.

He has a vocabulary bigger that I can even start to count, and is surprising me with new words every day. He even will form small sentences. Today he informed me he had a chicken in his overalls. And surprisingly enough he had stuffed a toy chicken down the front for me to find.

Not to put a damper on Logan's awesomeness, we've started the Terrible Two's a little early. He have a major opinion now and will try throwing a fit if he doesn't get his way. This has lead to time outs, explanations on why things can't be his way, and good old fashioned ignoring the fit until Logan stops. Hopefully starting early means we'll be ending this early too!



A few weeks ago I got fed up that my 45 spices were taking up an entire shelf in the pantry, so Dave and I started browsing Pinterest for a solution we both liked. I was thinking a small shelf on the side of one of the cabinets, but we ended up nailing a metal sheet to the bottom of two of the cabinets and placing my spices in jars with magnets attached to the top. So 45 spices are hanging out of the way, easy to access, but freeing up one of my shelves! I usually push the spices towards the back of the shelf, but I wanted you to be able to see them for the picture.

My free shelf has now become the bad for you snack shelf... We have one cabinet devoted to granola bars/crackers/etc. One shelf are Gluten Free snacks we all can can eat, one are not Gluten Free Dave and Logan can eat, and now we have an unhealthy snack shelf with candy, chips, etc. So I guess we better buy more junk food to fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment