Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great weekend! Friday was the first day I didn't feel nauseous all day long! It's a big deal since I've felt sick for about 3 months. I've been feeling well since then and  I'm hoping I will be from now on. 

Friday afternoon we took a trip to Murray park. We casually walked around the park and found some ducks to feed. Logan just loves throwing bread to the ducks. He gets so excited when they eat the bread he threw and he'll tell us "Ducks hungry! More bread!" He knows the difference between a mommy duck, a daddy duck and a goose (Canadian Geese).

Saturday we did a lot of work outside. When we moved in we had WAY too many flower beds with not enough flower beds to fill them. So we've been slowly putting in sod. This year we're putting some in on the side of the front yard and in the back yard. Dave finished the sprinklers Saturday so we'll be ready to lay sod next weekend. We also covered a lot of our biggest remaining flower bed with weed barrier, and will be filling it in with wood chips next Saturday too. 

In the afternoon we split up, Dave finished up in the yard and I cleaned up the house with Logan. I wanted everything to be nice for Mother's day, so I told Logan "We need to clean the house for Mom's special day tomorrow."So he helped and the whole time he repeated "Help special mom." He even wound up the vacuum cleaner's cord for me.

At one point I was in the kitchen sweeping and I heard the chant escalate to "Help special Mom, HELP, HELP MOM! HELP!" When I ran into the living room to figure out what was going on. He was trying to pull the kitchen entry way rug back into the kitchen and just couldn't get it into the kitchen.

Sunday was a fabulous Mother's Day! Logan's been teething and waking up at 5:30 for the past week. When he woke up again Sunday morning at 5:30, Dave got up with him and I got to sleep in until 7:45. Every once in a while I would be woken up to the sound of a wooden drum or a recorder, but I still got more sleep that I've gotten all week.

In the afternoon we took a trip to Liberty Park to again feed the ducks. We walked around the park and at one point Logan and Dave headed off the the swings and I got to sit on a blanket in the shade and read a book. It was such a relaxing afternoon.

For dinner Dave made us steak, sweet potato fries, and corn on the cob. It was fabulous! We had a turtle pie for dessert. Sometimes it's all about the food, and Sunday it definitely was. We also had orange rolls for breakfast.

Somewhere in there we opened presents, and had a nap. It was so much fun! Such a perfect Mother's day.

1 comment: