Monday, June 8, 2015

In which we Celebrate!

This week was my Birthday! It feels like it came up so quickly, but it's been here and gone. Last weekend we were tearing off the roof  and didn't get a chance to go shopping, so Tuesday night after dinner we went out shopping for gifts. It was cute, each boy picked out something for me (Pineapple pi's from Logan & Snickers from Dustin) and Dave got a few things to supplement. We would have gone Monday, but we were fixing the sprinklers.


Wednesday was my birthday! It was busy, but we ate a lot of good food. For breakfast we had Raspberry White Chocolate muffins (gluten free). And for dinner… oh man, dinner! We made Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad. It was an exparament that turned out heavenly! I made up the recipe, although the dressing was borrowed from Cafe Rio. We will be eating this recipe again, maybe with tortilla chips on top next time. We had chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for dessert.

Logan sang happy birthday to me all day long, and every time Logan would say "YOU", Dustin would join Logan in pointing to me. And they would clap at the end. I felt so celebrated :).


The elementary across the street from our house turned on their sprinklers this week, so we've spent many afternoons running through them. A lot of the time after the sprinklers, Logan ends up asleep on the couch still in his bathing suit. I guess it just wears him out!

Friday Dave's work had their annual Lagoon day! We got up there at 11 and rode rides until about 8 at night. We stopped briefly to eat lunch, snacks, and have a work BBQ, but other than that we rode. Logan loves roller coasters! He even rode a big one with Dave (he was one inch tall enough to ride Bombora. Dustin doesn't love them. He'll ride if they're one he can sit beside someone in. But if he has to ride by himself, he is out! So Dustin and I did a lot of snacking while the big boys rode. The only one that scared Logan was the pirate ship that swung back and forth. I don't know if it was the ride that was scary or all the screaming that bugged him.

Saturday we had such a busy day! In the morning Dave went for a run. He did 12 miles in 2 hours, prepping for his half marathon. While he was gone, the boys and I cleaned the house (we even dusted), went grocery shopping, put everything away, frosted cupcakes for later that afternoon, and started cooking some pork for Sunday's pulled pork Cafe Rio style salad (why does it take so long???).

At 1 I had my cousin Caitlin and friend Tenille over to exchange more quiet book pages! If I can get all these sewn into pages we'll have quite a few for the books to take to the reunion. I'm stressing about finishing them in time… but we'll see. At 2 Dave went to the eye dr, and as soon as he got home we headed to my parent's house. Then we went to see Insurgent and eat at Zupas for a birthday date.


Sunday Dustin woke up with a 101 degree fever. He is teething too, but this seemed more like sick, so I stayed home from church with him. He slept for half of the day and cried for the other half. Poor boy! But around 5 a neighbor came over and helped give him a blessing. After that his fever went down and he started acting more himself. Today he's been better, so here's hoping we're all better by Friday! Otherwise I won't be able to get anything done!

No comments:

Post a Comment