Tuesday, July 14, 2015

4th of July & Camping


I feel like the past few weeks we've just been in survival mode! I guess that's what happens when Dustin gets 3 teeth in a few weeks. I don't do well without sleep, so what can you do? For the 4th of July Dave had a half day Thursday and a full day off Friday. Thursday as soon as Dave got home we went to visit our friends the Terry's. They were here from Indiana, and we met them at her family cabin up Provo Canyon. It was great to get to catch up and spend the afternoon with them.

On the 4th we had a casual day with waffles for breakfast, and Fireworks throughout the day! Logan LOVED them! My parents had a dinner and cupcakes for the summer birthdays, followed by a firework extravaganza! They one kid at a time pick out which firework to light next, and even Dustin loved watching them blow up (although we weren't a big fan of the loud noises). 

By the time we got home the neighborhood was lighting their fireworks, so it was impossible to get the boys to sleep. I gave up around 9:30 and we all climbed up on the roof to watch the show. We Dustin fell asleep on the roof around 10 and Logan's eyes were getting heavy around 10:30 so we called it a night.


I've been doing a lot of sewing in my spare time! This quilt top is from the Yoder Reunion, and I've got it about 66% machine quilted. I'm dyeing to get it done, but it's slow going since I'm experimenting with new quilting patterns. It's going to be great once it's done though. I also just finished and got paid for hemming some pants for a lady that's friends with a friend of mine.  It's mindless sewing, but doesn't really take too long to get done.


Dave has been lamenting not going camping this summer (it's been WAY too hot!!!). So we decided to do a family "campout" Friday night. Mike texted asking if we could babysit Friday, so we decided to do it with a few cousins! While Dave was building a fire the kids had a blast jumping on the Trampoline. Even Dustin and Tim (who I thought were too small to jump with so many kids did great).


They probably played on the tramp for an hour before it was time for Smores! Tim and Dustin had fun collecting the balls (and Dustin would try to bounce on them).


They were all great with the fire! Nobody tried to touch it, and the only one to light their marshmallow on fire was Dave. To which Sarah responded "Don't worry Uncle Dave, I like it that way. I will eat it."




We had a great night! Getting the five of them all to sleep was difficult, but eventually we got them all down.

Other than that the boys and I have had a lot of fun playing at the park, lazy river, or just in our back yard (but especially when friends come with us). We've also started letting Logan pick part of FHE. The first two weeks we tried this he got to pick the activity (he chose running through the sprinklers and game night). This week he got to pick the lesson (he picked the Holy Ghost).

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're almost done with the reunion quilt! Can I steal that picture for my blog, too? (I will credit you) I might not ever finish mine!

    Those are some cute Brown cousins. So sad that your parents moved to WY. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to steal my pic! I finished the binding today!!! So excited to have it done.

      I'm pretty sad the parents moved, but it's for the best for them. They'll come back in 10 years when they retire.

      Delete