Monday, July 27, 2015

The 24th & Ducks

We survived last week!!! It was a rough one. Dustin was sick up until Wednesday. Logan was really ornery for most of the week. And I was sleep deprived again. It's starting to be the story of my life. I guess that's what we get for having kids ;)

Thursday Dave had a half day of work! So we went to the library to get some new books and a few movies for the boys for the long weekend. It was also the Library's book sale, so I picked up 10 books for me and 4 for the boys. They were 10 cents a piece, so I really couldn't go wrong! I've read one already and loved it. Logan and Dustin have also loved the 4 books I got for them, so we already got my money worth. After that we swung by the lazy river behind the library and swam until a half hour after bed time. I love that we have free access to water whenever we want to swim!

Friday we did a little yard work in the morning. The boys and I picked raspberries, tomatoes, zucchini (Logan's favorite to pick). We got TONS of all. Then we did some weeding while Dave finished up the mowing, weed whacking, and re-lining a flower bed with weed barrier. My friend Tenille dropped by after lunch to share some quilting patterns with me (we've been collecting this year's Utah Row by Row patterns). I then did pedicures for the family. I was doing mine when Dustin came over and said "Mom. Toes. Peeeeese?" So he ended up with 2 blue toes. Logan and Dave just wanted trims.

That evening we went over to Dave's brother Jon's house for a BBQ and swimming! They had a killer kiddy pool that all the cousins loved. Everyone was there, and we got to visit until past bed time. Saturday Dave started the day with a run, and we took a casual rest of the day. We went to the park, played duplos, watched a Transformers movie, only fun stuff! Sunday was the same. After church we just cooked dinner and relaxed until the AC died… it was 95 degrees out so I thought we were going to die waiting until the repair guy came Monday at 3.

Fortunately at noon Monday storm clouds blew in and the temperature dropped back down to 70 degrees. So we survived pretty well until it could be fixed. We spent the morning at Lowes pricing out new shed doors, so we were in the AC until it cooled down (when we woke up at 7 it was already 78 degrees, so I thought an air conditioned place was a necessity). I decided a "new" door was too expensive (it was going to cost $700 since the opening is a custom size), so I've conned Dave into making me one. I'm sure he will do a great job!

For FHE we went to Murray park and fed the ducks! They have a running/walking trail that follows a river, so we walked along that. Every 10 feet or so Logan would insist on running down to the bank and search for ducks. We fed three different batches of ducks. My favorite was a Mom with 7 little baby ducks! But we enjoyed feeding all of them. By the end of the trip Dustin realized he wasn't supposed to be eating the bread, and he was supposed to throw it. Which increased his enjoyment substantially.

No comments:

Post a Comment