Monday, November 2, 2015

To Infinity and Beyond!


We had a fun Halloween weekend! We're still working on getting the house reorganized from the renters moving out, so we spent a lot of time cleaning and moving stuff, but we also had fun! 


Logan decided MONTHS ago he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear and he wanted Dustin to be Woody. Dustin was pretty agreeable, so we slowly started collecting costume pieces. The fleece I had in my stash (free!), so I had to buy Dustin's shirt material ($1.00) and his gun ($1.00). So it was a lot of sewing, but a cheap costume year.


I started working on costumes for Dave and I, but it just didn't happen this year! We were going to be Barbie and Ken from Toy Story... Oh well!


The boys had so much fun! For weeks  now Dustin would randomly yell out "WOODY"! Then I would have to explain "for Halloween he's going to be Woody from Toy Story"


Dustin loved his gun and Logan loved his lazer (and his flip open communicator). I'd find Logan talking to his wrist "Come in Star Command!"


So, while at DI a few weeks ago I found Logan a Wolverine costume. So the boys have been dressing up as Wolverine when not the guys from Toy Story. How could I say no to $3?!? And Dustin fit into Logan's old costume from a few years ago. 


Logan wanted to take a silly picture of Dustin and I. He did a pretty good job!

Sunday Logan got up and bore his testimony. He's been practicing for two months and did a good job. We'll keep working on it, but he was proud of himself. Next week is his Primary Presentation, so now we're working on memorizing that.

Sunday a lady from church dropped off a punch to make gift tags (I'd ordered it from her friend a few weeks ago) and I was so excited I made 20 gift tags for Christmas presents, and a few general gift tags. I don't make cards often, maybe twice a year, but it's fun when the mood strikes me. So now I'm one step ahead for the Holidays.

Monday the boys and I helped set up for a funeral lunch at the church. I woke up at 6:15 to run to the church and get ingredients for Funeral Potatoes and we whipped that out before heading over to the church at 9:30. The boys were great! They helped put the table cloths on, carried the pitchers of flowers to the tables, and put out cups. Then they played the piano in the EQ's room while the ladies and I rolled up silverware in napkins. We got it all done pretty quick then we headed out.

Tonight we did a FHE on Gratitude. I want make a list of what we're grateful for every day until Thanksgiving. Then on Thanksgiving we can read over them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment