Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Baby and First Day of School!

August 13th Brooklyn Marie Plastow was born! She's such a sleepy and easy baby, but 3 kids has been a big adjustment. She's so sleepy that for the first two weeks it was hard to get her to eat a complete meal and she lost a lot of weight. We switched her to bottle feeding and she is now gaining weight. So I'll continue to pump and bottle feed her as long as I can. I'm hoping I'll be able to pump for a year, but at least for 6 months.


 Dave loves how sleepy and snuggily this little girl is. I frequently find them snuggled up on the couch together, asleep. I swear this baby sleeps 20 hours a day. Not complaining, she's so easy to take care of.


Some time this month Logan harvested his watermelon. We planted this bad boy, and the same day there was a hail storm that killed Logan's watermelon and our zucchini plant. So I pulled a Grandma Sheila, bought a watermelon and stuck it in the weeds in the back yard. Logan was so proud of his watermellon.


I've tried to get several pictures of our three kids together, but they usually end up pretty goofy. This is the best I could do.


What can I say,  a totem pole of kids...


These's brothers are pretty silly to say the least.


But they are completely enamored with this little girl. Logan tells me all the time how much he loves her and Dustin tells us what a cutie pie she is. They will do anything to help her out.


Logan started school a few weeks ago too. He went in the week before school started to have an assessment test. He did great! He only got a few questions wrong.


He's in the same class as his friend Abby from church. Although they don't sit at the same table, they are so glad to be in the same class. He's made a few friends too. When we were leaving school today two little boys yelled "BYE LOGAN P!" he waved and told me they were his friends.


 Logan and Dustin on the first Day of School! They were so excited to get to wear their super hero jackets!


Dave's work had a baseball game activity last week too. We got to go see a Bees game. 


The boys had a blast! They cheered for our team, loved to look for the bee mascot (who moved around the stadium from time to time). Dustin's highlight was meeting "Mr. Bee" He told me he got to give him a high five, but next time he meets him he will give him a hug. The bee sent a baseball player to throw us a ball! The boys were pretty proud of Mom for catching it. Dustin stores it in his sock drawer.


And because I can't help but show off my cute little girl, here are today's pictures. We just love her!





3 comments:

  1. Have you had her checked for a tongue/lip tie? She might have trouble latching. Exclusively pumping is a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We checked her for tongue tied and it wasn't that, she's just a super sleepy baby. And as much as I hate pumping, I'd rather her have breast milk for as long as possible. It's that or she looses weight falling asleep while nursing (and consuming all of my time).

      Delete
  2. Have you had her checked for a tongue/lip tie? She might have trouble latching. Exclusively pumping is a pain!

    ReplyDelete