Thursday, February 4, 2010

Epoch Projects

I have several projects that I call my Epoch Projects because they are incorporated in life altering experiences. They help define myself. They take immense amounts of time to complete. Some of these projects include typing up all my journals (especially the mission one), highlighting my scriptures in a unique color coded method that only I know the secret to, and collecting/organizing and storing a year supply of food. This week I completed one of these epoch projects! And there was much (personal) rejoicing.

As all good Brown women I love to cook! When the Brown family gets together we share our delectable delicatessens. I’ve been working on compiling all my recipes since I got home from my mission in 2006. We’re not just talking about putting them in one place; they’re always in a big stack in the kitchen. I mean typing them all up, organizing them into sections, and placing them in binders divided as I see fit.

Right before I moved to Salt Lake 2 years ago I got a big chunk of my mom’s recipes typed up organized and filed, which left me with a binder full of the beginning of my project. But since then I have added more to my stack than I have been typing, organizing and filing. Late Monday night as Dave was finishing his Homework I typed up my last recipe! Tuesday night I printed out my last 20 recipes, organized them, and added the last of my labels. Here’s what the final project looks like.



You’ll notice I have two binders worth of recipes. This is because I have WAY too many dessert recipes, so they occupy their own binder, where real food is in the second. Here’s a peak of the breakdown (note they’re all in water resistant plastic sleeves so you can spill on the book without dire results. Very convenient!



Now all I have to do is keep up with this and type every recipe as I create/receive it! Wish me luck with that one… And if you have a favorite recipe that should be in this book, send it my way! I'm always looking for a new favorite dinner or dissert

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo I want your recipes!! I just posted 3 new ones on my blog today--you should take a look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a TON of recipies, but if you really want them I can email you the word doccument. Do you have office 2007 or do you need it saved in the older version?

    ReplyDelete