Friday, December 17, 2010

Finals Week!

This week was a rough one for Dave, it was finals week... He's been so stressed out about it that he hasn't been sleeping. I think there was only one night this week where he didn't toss and turn so much that he ended up moving to the couch in frustration. Then yesterday he came home from work with an intense stomach ache.

When I asked him if he was sick he said it was from eating too much junk at work. "But they had summer sausage and cheese, nuts, candy and cookies. I just couldn't stop eating the sausage or the nuts by the handful." My question is if he's already sick from overeating, how in the world will he survive the holidays? I guess I'll have to monitor his sausage and nut intake for the next week!

We're pretty much ready for Christmas. We put up our tree on Sunday and have all our presents wrapped and waiting to be opened. The house is relatively clean, and we're both just chomping at the bit for a break! We're planning on painting my office over the long weekend, and I've prepared everything so it shouldn't be too much work.

The intercom has been removed from the bedroom and is waiting to be patched, everything has been pulled out of the bedroom or moved to the center of the room. and we've picked out what color we want to paint the walls! Next we'll need to remove the trim (Dave feels the need to replace it while we working), and get to work! It won't be half as hard as any of the other construction work we've done, but it will be nice to have a fresh coat of paint in there.

Dave's already planning to paint his room next! We have a left over can of green paint from the living room that he just loves and wants to use as an accent wall. He's also hoping to use the leftover tan color I've picked for my office for the rest of the room (so we'll probably just buy an extra can of paint for him). I'm trying to convince him to wait to paint his room until Spring Break. I don't want to cram painting two rooms into one weekend. Especially since it will be so much work to move all his stuff out of his room... We'll see if I succeed!

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to post pictures! I've been wanting to paint our front room for the longest time. And I'm jealous that you're ready for Christmas! I still have a thousand things to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun project! I bet it'll look great! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post pictures when it's all done! Hopefully that will be after this weekend. We'll see though! Merry Christmas to you guys too!

    ReplyDelete