Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Is there a little Hobbit in you?

As I sat yesterday feeding Logan yet again, I realized my son eats like a Hobbit! He enjoys breakfast (4am), second breakfast (7am), elevensies (10am), lunchon (1pm), afternoon tea (4pm), dinner (7pm), supper (10pm), midnight snack (1am), and sometimes even  more frequent meals!

He tends to eat non stop for 45 minutes to an hour. I can't believe how much time I spend feeding him. AND if he falls asleep or is in any way distracted during feeding, it takes even longer for him to eat. So he not only eats with the frequency of a hobbit, but also the volumes a Hobbit eats. But he's putting on some lbs, so I won't complain too much. I love that he's getting chubby cheeks. It's too cute.

Today my project is to peel and dry our nectarines. We have a tree that produces fruit, but the skin is less than desirable. Last year it had a hard shell that was tough to bite through, this year it's better, but still not something I would want to bite into. So my solution is to peel and dry the fruit so we can eat it as a snack or put it in granola bars. We'll see how they turn out.

I've been spending my "spare time" working on Brier's baby blanket. I remembered why I'd taken a break on it. I didn't like how part of it was turning out, and after redoing it a few times, I gave up for a while. Now I've decided the frustrating part isn't needed, so I'm doing my best to get the rest of it done this week. It should still be cute when done.

Sunday I'll be teaching Gospel Doctrine for the first time since Logan was born, so we'll see how that goes! It's been nice to have a break, but I've missed teaching. It's so fun to prepare the lessons, lead discussion, and see what I can learn in the process. Last week Logan didn't need to eat during class, although the week before he did. So we'll see if I can delay his 7am feeding long enough so he won't be hungry until class is over at 11. We'll see if my little Hobbit can handle it!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it! Hobbit.....

    Madelyn was the same way as a newborn. It took her SO LONG to eat. Finally I figured out that milk wasn't coming out for most of the time, but she kept sucking anyway. Sometimes I'd give her a bottle, and then she'd finally fill up. Feedings every three hours is normal at that age, though.

    It's making me tired just thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have tiny tummys when they're so small! As he gets bigger it'll get better. But I loved those feedings. They're so snuggly then!

    ReplyDelete