Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm busy, busy, shockingly busy!

I swear I never have time to blog any more! Logan keeps me pretty busy, and we've just had a lot going on!

Logan was blessed on October 9th and most of our immediate family was able to be there. We didn't get great pictures (we tried, but had a bad case of closed eyes), so this is the best I've got! First is Logan on the blanket I made him dressed in his baby blessing suit. Dave and I bought the duck in the picture the day before Logan was born.




What can I say, Logan was having a fussy afternoon, but we'll take more family pictures later!

The week after Logan's blessing was spring break. So Dave and I took Logan down to Zions for his first vacation! He cried most of the way down, had two diaper explosions and had to eat twice. Needless to say it was the longest drive to the cabin we've ever made!

But once we got there Logan slept better than he does at home! He slept through the night twice (he's only done that twice now at home, once before, and once two nights ago). He didn't love hiking (hates the baby backpack and doesn't nap well while hiking), but we're breaking him in!

Dave & Logan on Hidden Canyon Trail

We only ended up doing 3 hikes with him: Emerald Pools (he did great), The Overlook (cried the whole hike up, but was good hiking back), and Hidden Canyon (WHAT were we thinking!). We did Hidden Canyon when I was about 5 months pregnant, and I remember it being a little strenuous, but nothing impossible.

Observation Point

Well... it was a lot harder with a baby! Not physically, but the trail is narrow and there are three chained place to cross. Nothing as intense as Angels Landing, but still! I had to stop and feed Logan twice, and let's be honest, it was very difficult to find a place to sit down and feed him on that narrow trail! At the end, Dave went on ahead, because I wasn't comfortable crossing the chains with Logan in my arms. He said it wasn't as pretty as the last time we hiked it (the river and waterfalls had dried up). We learned our lesson!

Dave, Amy & Logan on Hidden Canyon Trail

We also got to bring Logan to my grandparents so they (and Aunt Dorris) could meet Logan. Unfortunately it was fussy hour for the little guy, so they didn't get to see him at his best. Grandpa said he'll hold Logan when he's big enough to teach hearts.

Now we're back, and I'm getting everything ready around the house so I can go back to work next week. I'm really not excited; I'll miss Logan like crazy, but unfortunately a necessary evil for a little while. I've got about 5 frozen meals in the freezer (mostly home made) that will help us get through next week, and now I'm working on getting the house spotless! That way I don't have to worry about house work or cooking while adjusting.

1 comment:

  1. He's still so tiny! How cute!

    We took Luke to Zion when he was 3 weeks old. Since we've had kids, we stick to trails we can take the stroller on. You guys are ambitious!

    Good luck with your return to work. Hope you all adjust well to the change.

    ReplyDelete