Sunday, October 9, 2011

Two Months!


Logan had his two month check-up and is now in the 10th percentile! So all that eating is paying off. He's now 9 lbs 12 oz and 21.5 inches. The doctor says he looks perfect! He had to get his immunization shots, which was so sad! They made him drink one; he didn't like that but he didn't start crying yet. But when they gave him three shots in his little legs, he cried like crazy! It was so sad, I had to feed him to calm him down. And then his legs were sore for the next few days.

In other news, I won my first online contest! I thought it was my first contest until I remembered winning a radio contest back in my first year of college. But I don't think that counts since it was a school radio station, my friend was the DJ, and so few people listened to the station that it hardly counts!

One of the blogs I follow had a contest to win a free Martha Stuart book (with crafts for all of the major holidays). All you had to do to enter was share a crafting memory. It could be funny, a disaster, touching, whatever made for a good story. There were five winners and I was one of them!

My prize winning story was when I was in Merry Miss and we were doing a craft for Mother's Day. Tanya Moe was struggling with her craft, and in frustration she turned to me and said "Amy, do this for me or I'll beat you up!"

Now, if you know Tanya, you know she really wouldn't beat me up, intact, she threatened of this several times in our childhood, and not once was I scared she actually would. She was just frustrated by her weakness. But anyway, this  is the prize winning story that won out over all the "When I was young I made xxxxxx with my grandma. Now that she's dead I cherish the reminder of our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment