Saturday, November 12, 2011

Millions of bulbs!

This was a productive week for Logan and I. We got all our bulbs planted! We had two home depot 5 gallon buckets full of daffodil bulbs we'd dug up in the summer we needed to replant, 100 red tulips, and a box full of iris bulbs from my grandma we needed to get in the ground. Logan didn't like sitting outside wrapped up in a blanket, so I had to get these done one hour nap at a time.

It might have taken all week, but we got them done by Friday! And just in time for it to start raining/slushing. I can't wait to see how good these flowers look in the spring. When Dave redid our bed, he gave it a two layer effect, and I think that will help show off the flowers. I'm especially excited for the irises! I've always wanted some in our yard, so it will be fun to see what colors we have.

Logan also hit three months this week! He weighed in at 11 lbs 8 oz and measured 23.5 inches. He's just growing like crazy! He's finally in 0 - 3 month old clothes, but I swear he's going to outgrow them soon. Just packing on the lbs lately. Logan's also slept through the night for 2 weeks strait now! Dave and I are SUPER excited about that.

Other than that life has been pretty normal. Dave is starting to feel the crunch of final projects and is ready for the semester to be over. I keep reminding him if he survives this one, and one more he'll be done with school and can just worry about working and coming home to spend time with Logan and I. He's so glad the end is finally in sight.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for bulbs! I thought I missed my window to plant some because it started snowing so early. But we had a break in the weather, so maybe I need to go get some tulips. :)

    Be sure to post pictures when they bloom!

    Yuck, finals....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I love flowers, especially bulbs because they come back! Sounds like you're having a good time at home.

    ReplyDelete