Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ready for Thanksgiving!


It feels like we've been preparing for Thanksgiving for a week now! And I guess in a way we have. I went shopping last week for everything because I have no desire to go shopping this week at all. I hate shopping to begin with, and I don't want to have to deal with the holiday crowds. So I've got enough food in the fridge to last us a week, as long as the milk lasts.

Monday we cleaned the house and made the Sweet Potato Casserole. Not that the house will stay clean all week... but it was worth a try. Tuesday I worked on the beanbag nativity set I've been making for Christmas. My goal is to have it done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. I also raked all the leaves in the back yard into a pile and couldn't help but take a few pictures of Logan in them.


Logan loved the crunch of the leaves, but loved to taste them even more! Dave took a homework break to come out and enjoy Logan's first romp in the leaves with us! He insisted in covering Logan in leaves, which only made Logan more inclined to taste them. It was so hard to get Logan to look at the camera because he was so enthralled with the leaves! He ended up with mud on his face, looking like this



Wednesday we'll bake an apple and a peach pie, go to the library, and do the three loads of laundry that's been waiting to get washed! Saturday I went with my sister-in-law Angela to a baby clothing exchange in Provo, and ended up with a huge pile of clothes that need to be washed before Logan can use them. It will be worth all the work, but it's daunting every time I walk into the bedroom and see that pile.

Other happenings this week: Logan discovered the baby in the mirror and has so much fun smiling and "talking" to his reflection. It's too cute to watch. Sometimes it even gets him to stop crying.

We also introduced him to the big bathtub. He's always hated baths, but he's more ok with swimming in the big one than the baby tub. Every time he'll whimper when I put him in, but after a few minutes he's ok. He'll play with his toys a little, but we don't get down to business until he remembers he can kick and splash. I know he is enjoying himself, but his face is such a serious/concentrating face. He'll kick and kick for about a half hour before he's done and we have to wash him up and get him out.

2 comments:

  1. Logan is such a cutie! Love the pics in the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute! Our kids loved the taste of sand. Soo weird! Their poop was always sandy after a day at the beach. ;)

    ReplyDelete