Friday, December 2, 2011

December is here!



Thanksgiving went by so fast! I can't believe it's already December! I've got most of our Christmas decorations up, and and trying my hardest to finish our stockings. I also have several ornaments my mom got for us last year after Christmas that I attached to a wreath for the front door. Hopefully I get that done in time too. I did complete the beanbag Nativity set I've been working on, and it looks too cute!

Joseph, Jesus, Mary

3 Wise-men
Shepherds & Angel

As for shopping, we're pretty much done. We aren't buying a ton for Christmas this year, so it was pretty easy. I just have to pick up a few gifts for our family gift exchanges and once Dave's out of school for the semester we'll need to buy about 2 more gifts to complete our little family giving.



Dave surprised me with the need for a monster stuffed animal over Thanksgiving. Fortunately I had picked up a book from the library on how to make toys, and there was a pattern I tweaked. I worked like crazy, but was able to get it done for the photo shoot he had "scheduled" for Friday. The book's called "Wee Wonderfuls" and I know Heather would just LOVE it! I plan to make a few of the other toys for baby gifts and presents for Christmas (so if you get the book Heather, I'm making some of the Mermaids for our Christmas exchange). Just one more project to complete, but it should be a fun one.

I scheduled Logan's 4 month immunizations this morning. I found a Government run clinic that's 15 minutes away and they only charge $5 total for all 5 immunizations he needs. That's better than the $20 copay when we were insured! We applied to get Logan into CHIP (government subsidized insurance), but haven't heard back yet. And since it's time for Logan's next immunizations, I figured it was time we took him in.

3 comments:

  1. Love the nativity! I'd love to know where you got the pattern from. It turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathryn! I googled nativities, got some ideas and drew the pattern myself. I wanted something Logan could play with without breaking. The ones I worked on last turned out better than the first few, but it's not like he's going to notice the difference!

    I've been thinking about making a holiday business and selling these, stockings, ect. But I don't know if anyone would be interested in buying them.

    ReplyDelete