Tuesday, December 20, 2011

5 days until Christmas!

Dave finished his finals! It was a stressful 3 weeks or so, but we survived. There were three days in a row that Dave left before I got up and came home well after I'd gone to bed (try two in the morning). And with Logan being in a fussy phase (crying from 6pm to 10pm or 11pm), it was a hard time for the whole family!


But now he's home by 6:30 every night and can help me put this little guy to sleep... covered in toys. Suffocation hazard if I didn't find out this is Dave's idea of putting Logan down, but Logan loves to play with Dad before bed.

Friday night my parents babysat so Dave and I could go to dinner and a movie. It was so nice to not have to fight Logan for my plate of food or pause the movie to put him to sleep. When we got back it was well past bedtime, but Logan was laying on the floor with Mom, Dad and my cousin Emil all playing with him. Logan was in heaven with so much love and attention. I think it was a letdown to have Mom and Dad come home and put him to sleep!



Dave just loves to pick out what Logan's going to wear, and he always picks one of three super hero shirts we made before Logan was even born. So if you see Batman, Wolverine, or Venom, know that Dave dressed the little guy!

It's just been so nice to have Dave home! Last night Logan and I met Dave up at his work and we went over to Temple Square to see the lights. It was fun, and I think Logan liked it too. He certainly looked around a lot. We drove home and Dave surprised me by stopping to get some peppermint hot chocolate and a redbox movie. So a happy ending to a great FHE!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, finals....glad you all survived! That Wolverine shirt is seriously impressive! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete