Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles for Girls Brunch

The girls in my family decided to start up a Girls Brunch once a month since we're all home most of the time. So last Wednesday we had our first one at my house! I made some pumpkin waffles to share, and everyone brough something (fruit, home made granola, muffins, etc).


We chatted about books we've read, exercizing tips, our families, Thanksgiving and Christmas, recipes we've tried recently... Just about everything under the sun! It was tons of fun and I'm looking forward to doing this regularly. We're going to take off for December, but start it back up in January. 

I've been working on the Pumpkin Waffle recipe for a little while now, because I really wanted a good one to have for Thanksgiving breakfast. I might make this a yearly tradition. There were tons of recipes online, and most of them required a million ingredients and just as many steps to complete. I'm sure whipping my egg whites to hard peaks would make for fluffier waffles, but I'm not going to make them if they take way too long.

So I read about 15 recipes, combined ingredients from each, tweaked it a few times, and came up with an easy pancake waffle recipe that has a subtle taste of pumpkin and in my opinion is just fabulous. Especially for this time of year.

Pumpkin Waffles



2 1/2 c. flour
4 t. baking powder
4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
2 c. milk
1/2 15 oz can pumpkin
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. butter or margarien melted
2 eggs

Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add in milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Mix until lumps are gone. Pour into preheated waffle iron and cook according to desierd crispyness. The batter can be refridgerated over night for easy cooking!

The pumpkin is subtle in this recipe, so if you're a major pumpkin lover, this might not be the recipe for you. Dave and Heather think it could use a little more pumpkin, but Mom and I both thought it was fabulous this way. And it will make your house smell so good for days!

2 comments:

  1. Girls brunch! What an awesome tradition. I have some chocolate waffles I've been wanting to try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, if those turn out well, you should share the recipe! Those would be great with a strawberry syrup, strawberries and whipped cream... YUM!

    ReplyDelete