Monday, January 9, 2012

Cloth Diapers



So I've been planning to cloth diaper our kids since, well before we had kids. I even bought some because they were on sale 40% off before I was pregnant. Five month into having Logan, we still haven't started with the cloth diapers! Not for lack of wanting to, we were just gifted TONS of diapers for baby showers. And they were mostly size 2's.

The cloth diapers I bought were for a baby size 10 lbs and up, so for the first two months, I used up what I had, and bought about 4 packs of diapers waiting for Logan to become 10 lbs. Finally Logan was big enough to wear the diapers, but I went back to work for a week and bought two packs of diapers because I didn't think it was fair to make the baby sitters test out cloth diapers for me. Then he hit the size 2 diaper size... and I've been counting down ever since!

We're officially down to 93 diapers left, which should last us a few more weeks! I had Dave install a diaper sprayer in out bathroom over Christmas Break, we have a killer diaper pail and we're all set and ready to go. When we finally run out of size 2 diapers. Last night Dave even commented "I know this is weird, but I'm excited to try out those cloth diapers." And I'm there with him. I can't wait to try them out and see how it all works.

I may be singing a different tune when I'm spraying them out and washing them. But for now, I can't wait to move over to something better for the environment and that breathes better for Logan. And I'm glad he's down to about 6-8 diapers a day. It will make it easier than if we started this as a newborn.

2 comments:

  1. Oh friend! You are in for a treat! I have used cloth diapers for both of my girls since they were born, and LOVE them. When we go on vacation we do disposable, but at home it is all cloth. Zach really likes it too! Just so you know, it is 10X easier to rinse the poop off as soon as you change the diaper ;) If you have any question, I'm here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're awesome Teresa! When I was deciding to do it my brother's wife was pregnant and also decided to do it. So I've gotten to see second hand how it went for her. And I'm still excited.

      So hopefully we keep it up! I'm excited to finally get done with these disposable ones and start. My only worry is what to do with poopy diapers when we're at church... But I'm sure it will all work out fine! Or we'll just have to skip church unless Logan's already pooped for the day ;)

      Delete