Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas & New Years

Brier, Andrea & Logan Christmas Eve

The holidays just flew by for us! Dave was able to take off the week between Christmas and New Years, so we were able to really spend some time together as a family. Christmas Eve Eve (the 23rd) was Dave's first day off, and we spent it together, just the three of us. It was nice to relax, do some baking together, and just have fun.

Christmas Eve we went over to my parent's house at 1 to make lunch/dinner of Chinese Food! We had Broccoli Beef, Oriental Chicken, Orange Chicken, Egg Rolls, Fried Rice, and a table full of desserts (is there really any other way to enjoy the holidays?). We opened gifts, watched a movie, and just had fun talking and enjoying each other's company.

Logan exploring his new toy


Christmas Day Logan had a stuffy nose and a little cough, so we skipped church, opened presents, and took it easy. Logan got a Jump-a-roo that I found for $30 on Craigslist, some books, a few puppets, and a BIG cow (since he loves his little cow so much). He just loves jumping in his Jump-a-roo! I see it being his favorite toy (sorry cow).

We went over to Dave's parent's house for Lunch at 12. Dave was so glad to have fresh (smoked the day before) Turkey sandwiches for lunch since he can never get enough Turkey at Thanksgiving! I brought 3 desserts like the Brown I am, and they didn't get half eaten! The Plastows just don't love sweets like my side does. We chatted for hours, Dave and Bill looked up some stuff on the internet, and we headed home to relax together.

Logan's first trip up Angel's Landing

Tuesday morning we headed up to my parent's cabin in Apple Valley. Dave needed a break after last semester so we decided to go from Tuesday to the following Monday. Friday we took Logan on his first hike of Angel's Landing. It ended up taking us 4 hours! It usually takes us about 2, so Logan doubled our time. 

Lunch time nap at the top!

This time Logan LOVED hiking! He giggled and cooed the entire time we were hiking Angel's Landing. When he really couldn't contain himself he would start kicking his legs like crazy. Now we're sure Logan was born into the right family, he was made for hiking. 

Friday Night my parents joined us at the cabin to spend the weekend with us and start our Lord of the Rings Extended Version marathon. We watched one a night for the three nights we were down there together.

Emerald Pools was just a trickle

Saturday morning we visited my Grandparents Yoder and Uncle John down in Hurricane. We went out to lunch at Applebees then John had to head back to Vegas. It was so nice to see him, even if it was brief! In the afternoon we hiked the Kayenta trail with my parents and Grandma. It was a nice trail that joined the Emerald Pools trail. We had a fun time! We didn't stay up until midnight for New Years,

Sunday we went to church with Grandma & Grandpa followed by dinner up at the cabin. We played the longest game of hearts of my life and Grandpa lost! He says it's only because he was feeling sick, but I think he's out of practice. We had a good time visiting and playing.

Logan's smiling at my mom instead of the camera

Monday Dave, Logan and I packed up our stuff and we did one last hike up in Kolob Canyon with my parents (Timber Creek). I guess Kolob is exceedingly muddy this time of year, do we mucked through getting covered in the RED that is southern Utah dirt. Logan again had the time of his life giggling the entire time we were hiking. I wish I knew what was so funny, I wish I knew what he was thinking.

After that we headed home and I've been unpacking and cleaning ever since! I think it will take a week to clean up from the holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I would have totally helped you with the desserts at Dave's house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great week! And we could have used the help with the desserts... we ended up taking most of them home. AND we were the only ones that brought dessert to Christmas! Crazy, I know!

    ReplyDelete