Tuesday, July 3, 2012

First Word! & food

Logan said his first real word this week! He has started to say "up" when he wants to be picked up or if he drops something and wants it back. It's so cute! When we make a big deal about it he repeats it again and again. We can't wait for what will come out of his mouth next.

He's also learned to wave and pinch. He only waves when he feels like it, but it's so cute when he does. And his pinches HURT! He pinches my neck and eyelids most. That's what I get for trying to take naps when he's sleeping I guess.



I brought cupcakes in a jar to April's baby shower on Saturday. They turned out pretty cute, and I already have plans to make something similar for my cousin Caitlin's baby shower next weekend. Except I think I'll try out little pies (key lime for sure and maybe a second pie).

Saturday night we heard fireworks around 10:30, so we grabbed a packing blanket, climbed up on the roof, and watched the show. They went on for about an hour, and we had a fun time watching them. Dave's so excited to really get to go see the fireworks on Wednesday night. Angela & Blaine have offered to listen for our sleeping baby so we can go.

Also I wanted to include our favorite curry recipe. It's really easy and we just LOVE it!

Shrimp Coconut Curry


2 t oil
8 chives (chopped)
2 - 3 T red curry paste (3 if you like it more spicy)
1/2 - 1 lb shrimp
12 oz coconut milk
4 t fish sauce

In a large non stick skillet, heat oil on medium high. Add red curry paste and saute one minute. Add shrimp and garlic and cook about 2 - 3 minutes. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well. Simmer about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in chives. Serve over rice.

Also if you want to make it a pineapple curry you can make the following adjustments:

20 oz can pineapple chunks
1/2 c pineapple juice (from the can listed above)
1/2 red bell pepper (cubed)
1/2 green bell pepper (cubed)

Add the above mentioned ingredients when you add the coconut milk.

2 comments:

  1. I love first words! Logan is so darling and growing super fast.

    I can't believe he pinches your eyelids! That sounds like the most painful place he could pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cupcakes! I like the colors and the labels you made.

    ReplyDelete