Thursday, July 26, 2012

The 24th of July!


Well, we survived the week of no Dad! We went to the park every day last week, went to DI to find $5 worth of "new" toys and even discovered a splash pad by Walmart that we had to visit a few times. The baby you see here was one of our DI purchases, as was a breakfast in bed tray that has become the living room sled. Not that it was the plan when I bought it, but I'm having a hard time telling Logan (and Dave) that it's not used to slide Logan around the Living Room.


Saturday we brought Dave to the splash pad, and we had the time or our lives! They have a little stream that the bottom is paved with big stones to sit on it it, and Logan LOVES splashing around, crawling and walking through the water.



Dave had off Tuesday for the 24th of July (a Utah holiday celebrating the pioneers), so we had most of his family over for a BYOM BBQ. We ate and chatted until 9:30 at night!

The rest of this week has gone by pretty fast. I finished the top of my Autumn quilt and have a hot date to pin it tomorrow with my mom. After that we just have to quilt them (I'm doing my by machine), bind them, and they'll be done and ready for enjoyment this fall!


I also finished a few bags to organize Logan's toys. I fell in love with them, and will probably have to make a few for myself, when I have some spare time. What I love, is the internal lining is sewn to the zipper so there isn't an unfinished edge showing. Also I love the square quilting on the outside. It just finishes off the look so nicely.


If I sewed two handles on these would also make super cute bags. Although then they'd need a pocket or two inside. Can you see how my projects just spiral out of control? Fortunately these are all made from scrap material that I already had on hand, so it only cost me 3 zippers to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment