Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The week of sickness and the start of the week Dad worked late

I swear this summer has just flown by! Last week went by in a blur because Logan caught a virus from his cousin McKay, and was understandably ornrey. He wouldn't eat, he was fussy, he had a fever, he wanted to nurse constantly, and he had a hard time sleeping. But we survived and he's tougher for it.

We had Caitlin's baby shower this weekend and it went well! I made cupcakes and key lime pies in baby food jars, we had some chips and salsa, and my mom brought some fruit as well. We opened gifts, decorated onesies, and generally had fun.

Saturday was also the first quilting class of the year, and from the colors of the first two squares, it looks like it will be a good year/colors I like. The theme this year is "Quilter's ABC's" and each squares design will start with a different letter of the alphabet. My goal is to finish the first squares today so I can reach my big goal of finishing last year's quilt (a fall design) by the end of August.

Nursery was rough this week! We had two boys that haven't been since we started and they were both wild children. One (only child) would want someone else's toy, and take it. If they fought back he would push them as hard as he could and take the toy. He's bigger than everyone else in there, so this caused many tears. This was also the fullest week yet, with 9 out of 11 kids there. And one of the other leaders just didn't show up, so we were short staffed. Hopefully it gets better as they get more used to us.

Sunday we invited a family from the ward over for dinner. Well, we talked to the husband (Matt) who is Tongan and invited him over. He committed and I asked him to tell make sure his wife knew too. I even called mid week to remind him to make sure she knew. Sunday rolled around and Matt showed up without Vickie! So the three of us (and Logan) ate.

Matt brought us treats for inviting him over. Pastries for Dave, Chocolates for me, and Raisinettes for Logan. I promptly ate the Chocolates, Dave ate the Raisinettes, and we shared the pastries with Logan. So we got to know Matt a little better, even if I don't even know if Vikki knew she was invited.

Dave's work has a big deadline this Friday. Whenever this happens I'm always glad he's still paid hourly instead of salary, because he'll be gone from 7:30 in the morning until at least 8:30 at night all week long. This morning I packed him breakfast, lunch and dinner for the day and I'm hoping to see him some time after Logan is in bed.

When we have weeks like this, I try to take pictures of what we're up to and text them to Dave so he gets a little break, a smile, and feels like he knows what's going on with Logan. On the up side, I've been able to get the top of my quilt done during my free time this week! Now I just have to pin it, quilt it, and bind it.

2 comments:

  1. Yea for the quilt! I have been feeling crafty lately but I've also been feeling the need to hang out at the pool and tan too so that's been winning so far. The heat index is 106 today so I'm thinking maybe crafting today! How funny about your new friend Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we had access to a pool, you better believe we would be there! We did find a splash pad by Walmart though, and we're pretty happy with it!

    ReplyDelete