Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cookies = Christmas


It's been busy season around the Plastow home! We got most of our Christmas decorations up, and Logan has been enjoying them. It's been hard to find places to put all our fragile nativities, since he's so fascinated by the "new toys". I'm just glad he has one nativity he can play with.

He loves to move his beanbag nativity around the living room. See the one dinosaur "talking to" Jesus? I guess the dinosaur was paying his respect, who knew?


I've also been working on this bad boy! I got some of the felt from my Grandma Yoder, and the rest I bought last year. So I've been working like mad on finishing the ornaments! One a day until Christmas...



Monday night for FHE we made sugar cookies. I rolled out the dough, and Logan & Dave cut out the shapes. The cookies turned out with a few finger prints in them, and double stamping here and there, but they still taste good!


Tuesday morning I came out from my shower to find this! I guess I had left the flour bin unscrewed from cookie making the night before, and Logan had used the scoop to make piles of flour on the floor, on the sugar bin, and all over his feet! Little punk. It took forever to clean up.


Wednesday we had a few of the cousins and Grandma Sheila over to decorate our cookies. If this leads you to believe we didn't decorate and eat any before Wednesday, it's not true! We ate (and shared with neighbors) our fair share.

The kids had fun creating, although I think more of the sprinkles were consumed before they even hit the cookies. The ladies had fun too eating cookies and chatting. It's been a while, so it was nice to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment