Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

We had a great weekend! Friday Dave was still off work (to unpack and unwind after our long trip). By about 11 we had finished all the work around the house we needed to do, so we decided to take a trip to the Zoo. Dave has wanted to take Logan to the Zoo all summer, and Logan just had the time of his life!

His favorite was a tie between the rinos ("rino eat grass mom!") and the sea lions (they put on quite the impromptu show). Most of the trip Logan stayed in the stroller, but towards the end he insisted on walking on his own. He'd run from exhibit to the next one.

Saturday Dave did a little yard work in the morning, while Logan and I did a deep cleaning of the house. That evening we went to a Plastow family dinner. Logan had so much fun playing with his cousins, and it was fun to catch up with Dave's family too.

That night we did a little prep work for Sunday's dinner. Dave requested a crockpot BBQ pork and red potato salad. So I started boiling it Saturday night. I also boiled the eggs and potatoes so making the salad would be easier on Sunday.

Sunday morning I woke up early to make Dave breakfast. I made him cinnamon roll waffles, scrambled cheesey eggs, and fruit salad. Dave and I enjoyed the food, but Logan refused to eat (so we packed it up and took it with us to church).

I tried to give all the guys in nursery off for Father's Day, but they kept staying in the room. At one point we had 7 fathers & workers in the room (for 8 kids), so I told all the ladies to go ahead to class. I realized they just wanted to hang out and talk about manly movies. So I manned the kids, and the men hung around chatting. At the end of class the bishopric brought around ice cream bars for the guys, and called it a day.

I was also able to get everything ready before church for our big meal  (made the potato salad, stuck some corn on the cob in crockpot #2, and drained the pork and added the BBQ sauce). We came home from church to a delicious smelling lunch! We relaxed, took a nap, went on a walk, and just had a casual afternoon.

For dinner we shredded some of the pork and made killer nachos! We had refried beans, pork, cheese, salsa, avocados, sour cream, and tomatoes on top of our chips. They were so delicious! Since Dave opened all his presents before Father's Day (what can I say... I've given up trying to restrain him), we "opened" a few snacks I bought for Dave made some brownie sundays, and watched the Avengers. It was a great weekend over all!

1 comment:

  1. How funny--I made BBQ pork with red potato salad and corn, etc. for Father's Day, too! Yum...

    ReplyDelete