Monday, June 3, 2013

Long Week

Man! What a week it's been. Dave had a deadline last Friday, so he would leave for work at 7:00 am and get home at about 10:30 pm. As much as I'm grateful for overtime, I'd much rather have my husband home with us! Logan gets antsy and ornery when he only has me to interact with.

Tuesday it rained all day, so we were stuck in the house ALL DAY LONG. It was a long, long day. Wednesday was nice out, so we went on a few walks, played at the school, and walked over to Subway for dinner (let's be honest, I needed a break by dinner time). We also dropped some things off at the thrift store and picked up a few shirts for me. Although I didn't know it at the time, everything was 50% off, so I got 3 shirts for $6. Not too shabby!

Thursday Dave got home a little earlier! Too bad I already had visiting teaching schedueled for that night, so I didn't get to see him until 8:30 or 9. But it was good not to have to take Logan on the visits. As much as I love that little guy to death, sometimes it's nice to have a night off.

Friday Logan went over to Grandma Linda & Grandpa Bills so Dave could take me out for a hot Birthday date! We saw The Great and Powerful Oz at the $1 theater. It was weird: I wouldn't recommend it. I'm glad we didn't see it full price. We snook In-N-Out into the theaters with us, and I had a free popcorn coupon for my birthday. We were pretty stuffed by the end of the movie, but Dave insisted to treat me to Dairy Queen after too. I love ice cream, so I suffered through it.

Dave decided to take on yet another yard work project. He decided to put up two poles in the yard to better hang up our hammock. It was needed, but I didn't want to do it this weekend! It took pretty much all day, but it's nice to have it done. We walked on the Jordan River Trail that night, and called it good.

Sunday we headed to my parents house for a family BBQ. It was nice to see everyone, but we headed home a little early to get the house cleaned up and to do some prep work for Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I wish Mark got paid overtime! Those are super long hours. On days like that, I go crazy, too. Glad you had a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete