Monday, August 26, 2013

New Church Callings

A few weeks ago I got a new church calling: 4th Sunday RS teacher (the women's organization). So I get to do the Conference lesson. Sunday was my first week teaching, and it went great! I had so much discussion that I only got through about 2/3 of the talk. It's not a bad problem to have. I was really worried about the opposite, because it was a really sparse Sunday. But I have no fear from now on with filling the time.

I just love teaching adults! My fave calling up to now was teaching Gospel Doctrine, and this has a similar feel. Well, except the crying women. But we only had two of those on Sunday. I'm sure once I get the hang of it, this will be a favorite too.

Dave also got another calling this week. He'll be teaching Elder's Quorum on the 3rd Sunday of the month (from the teachings of the Prophets in the Men's Group). He's excited to start in about a month. He's still doing the 11 year old scouts, but I don't think the two will be too much. I'm glad we'll be teaching on different weeks, so one of us can get Logan when he needs to go potty. 

Potty training is going a little better. I re-introduced the underwear again today, and we've had one accident and the rest successes. At lunch time I was getting everything ready and I turned to find Logan alarmingly yanking at his undies. So we rushed to the bathroom and made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment