Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Memorial Week & Weekend

Logan did a lot of coloring this week! I got him his first set of markers because a few weeks ago when I was trying to prep my lesson for church, he kept stealing my highlighters. He's really stepped up his drawing since then. As he's drawing, he tells me what it is.


He loves drawing dragons (the zig zag lines above)


He makes Turtles (the head is on the left, the pointy tail is on the right, and the rainbow body in the middle)


And the most frequent on our page is snakes (the strait lines are bodies, and the squiggles are the heads)


Friday we headed up to Heber Valley Camp for our Ward Camp Out. We got there a little early, so we hiked on a few trails before getting settled in and eating dinner with the ward. The trails were pretty vague and we got lost. But were able to find our way back.


As we unpacked our stuff, Logan played with a few other kids we were sharing a cabin with. He had so much fun with all the kids the whole time.


We put Logan on the top bunk which was way up there, but it had a rail, and the bottom one didn't. So we thought it was a better fit. He thought it was tons of fun to climb up there and mess around.

Logan loved exploring in the rocks and trees with the kids. Dave and I loved that he was 100% entertained so we could get to know other adults better. We let Logan stay up until 9:30. He was great, and went right to sleep. He did wake up around 12:30, scared because he didn't know where he was, but he went right back to sleep.

Saturday we headed home early, so we could make it to Sheila, Scott & Max's sealing. It was great to be able to be there, and it's always peaceful to be in the temple. My Aunt Kathryn was in town from NC, and it was great to be able to catch up with her. My Uncle James & Aunt Rebeccah were also in town from TN, and it was good to see them too.

Monday Blaine & Angela moved out of our basement. We helped them in the morning, and started moving a few things downstairs in the afternoon. We were able to get the tv room set up down there, and move a little of the exercise equipment into the back bedroom. Logan had so much fun exploring the new space, but he kept asking "Lindsay, where are you?" He's going to miss his cousin like crazy, but it's going to be good for them and us.

Today I've been working on filling up the basement kitchen and cleaning. I moved all our food storage downstairs, and filled up the basement linen closet. Also I re-arranged the living room (upstairs) and hopefully Dave will like it. He looked at it yesterday and told me now that we moved the TV and Luv Sac to the basement it looked too empty upstairs. I think it was way too full before, and looks great now... so hopefully we can agree now that everything is in it's place.

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot of energy for a pregnant lady!!

    Glad you've got to go camping again, I know you enjoy it. We got to see Kathryn yesterday, I wish she lived closer! I'm happy she got to come out and visit. I'm so excited for Shiela and Scott and Max. Special day for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the hiking, but the only way Dave was able to con me into this camping trip was the cabins. It's not really camping if you've got bunk beds and electricity and flush toilets. I still slept horrible, but not as bad as if we would have been on the ground!

      Kathryn is so much fun, and it was great to have here there for the sealing too!

      Delete