Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Re-arranging

I think we've finally survived the heat of the summer! This week the highest high is 85 degrees. I can handle that! I'm really hoping we won't need the air conditioner any more this year.

Saturday we picked our nectarines. We got around 8 Walmart bags full. We shared 3 bags with the ward, some with the neighbors and some with family. We have quite a few left, and I'm trying to figure out how to use them all without canning them. I really don't want to do any canning this year!

For the past week we've been working on re-arranging our house! We moved the office furniture down into one of the basement bedrooms, and moved the exercise equipment into the other bedroom. 

I just love how the office turned out! We were given twin size antique day bed that fits right in the corner. So now if I'm sewing or Dave is designing and the other still wants to be in the room, we can read on the daybed or just hang out. I still need to organize the closet, but with the doors closed, everything looks great!

The exercise room is still a work in progress. We were given some weight lifting stuff and an exercise bike, but we're waiting to hopefully get the bench for the weights. Also Dave wants to get a treadmill. Dave thinks he can find a nice one used, so we'll see.

We also put together the nursery. I have more organizing to do in there, but it's off to a good start. I won't have a lot of time to work on it this week, but I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month. We'll see how well I do on that.

Logan's been his silly self as always. He asked me this week to give him "a hugh like a rolly polly bug". It's just funny the things that come out of his mouth. He's also started to tell me about his dreams when he wakes up in the morning. One day he woke up crying and when I asked him why he told me there was a sheep biting him. It was scary. Another day he told me all about the silly dog he saw. I'm not sure if he knows they're not real, but he enjoys talking about the dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We have nectarine and apricot trees (came with the house), and this year we planted a pear tree. This is the first year we got eatable nectarines. They had a disease we had to treat, but it was worth the time and work!

      Delete