Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Conference Weekend

We've had a fun week! Friday night was a rough one for Logan (I think he's teething again). He woke up screaming bloody murder around 4 and refused to go back to bed for a while. So Logan ended up in bed with Dave and I ended up sleeping on the bed in the basement.

I was woken up at 9 to a little voice beside me saying "Mom, can I snuggle with you?" We snuggled for a while and Dave came down to tell me breakfast was ready! What a nice surprise. We had eggs, hash browns, and sausage. We spent the rest of the day watching Conference.

That night we headed down to my parent's house to enjoy Priesthood Session and girls night! The ladies headed out to DI followed by pizza. The guys went to the Stake Center followed by Panda Express. When we all got back together, we put the kids to sleep and played games. It was a fun night.

Sunday was full of great food and more Conference! We headed home after the second session and went on a walk and played at the playground across the street. When we got back, Dave's parents stopped by and we had some lemon cake with them before putting Logan to sleep.

Monday we did Daniel & the Lion's Den for FHE. Logan was quite impressed that the hungry lions didn't eat Daniel. Kinda a rough story to explain to a little guy, but he didn't seem to be upset over it.



This morning Logan and I installed a new towel bar in the bathroom. Dave and I wanted to get a second on for the bathroom for when we have two little guys running around. Even though we have a second bathroom/bath, we generally use one bathroom for all bath time. When we went to the hardware store, we discovered they sell double towel bars. Someone wanted to be in the picture so bad... I couldn't help adding one with him posing.

The one we got only sticks out 2 inches more than our last one, and it looks better than having two hanging on the wall! I feel silly for being so excited about a towel bar, but I hung up our towels and am so excited to get to use it. Logan had so much fun helping me put it in too.


I've also been working on a stocking for boy #2. I realized I probably won't want to work on this right after he's born, so I'm trying to finish it before he's born. I have the gingerbread man appliqued onto the fake leather, now I just need to cut out the remaining pieces and sew them all together. Probably will only take an afternoon, if Logan's good for his nap!

I'm excited to have a fire place this year and I'm hoping to convince Dave to make a mantle to go above it so we have somewhere to hang them. If not, I'm sure I'll make something else work!

No comments:

Post a Comment